the punctuation
I'm not over-keen on punctuation.
Obviously, you need it for all sorts of things. But now we are all so much better read than we have ever been, punctuation is a lot less necessary. If this were not the case, text messaging would be incomprehensible to everyone, instead of just to people my age and older.
I try and keep punctuation to a minimum. The title of my story rightly "ought" to have a full stop/ period in the middle, but that would change the way it is read and therefore what it is trying to express.
Obviously, you need it for all sorts of things. But now we are all so much better read than we have ever been, punctuation is a lot less necessary. If this were not the case, text messaging would be incomprehensible to everyone, instead of just to people my age and older.
I try and keep punctuation to a minimum. The title of my story rightly "ought" to have a full stop/ period in the middle, but that would change the way it is read and therefore what it is trying to express.

<< Home