Wednesday, November 15, 2006

books on paper and books on computers

I've got to say, I personally don't read fiction online at all.

For me, fiction especially is a personal experience that being part of the world wide webs does not enhance. Books are like cuddly toys or magic talismen. You can put them in your pocket, they don't need electricity and they don't spam you about viagra all the time. People will always love books, and it's not just about the content, it's also about the Books. This is an aesthetic things that a lot of internet nerds do not understand.

Anyway, if Georgina Kenna turns out well, I will probably start figuring out how to get it onto some dried dead tree pulp (there are a couple of others in the queue having been in the "too busy having a family" box for quite a few years, since the pre-internet age when big publishing and I failed to make friends- nowadays big publishing is far less relevant altogether. And if you are a friend of mine, you will probably be given a copy some time after that.

Meanwhile, NaNoWriMo is a very experimental exercise for me, and it seems truest to the spirit of the thing to stick my words up on the blog. Analogue rules the literary waves, still. But internets can help a little, maybe.