Monday, November 27, 2006

bowing out

Here is what happened: life took over. First, some annoying stuff got me down for a few days, and this project stopped being the priority it needed to be in order to get done. Then, the annoying stuff stopped getting me down so much, and a bunch of other (domestic) things that needed doing came up instead.

Probably most importantly, I made a discovery. I can't chuck out thousands and thousands of words above a certain speed, I have to take the words seriously in order to want to write them. If that's not possible, I'd rather not write at all. Sustaining the fast pace for a while is possible, but then the writing gets too blah and dull.

So I am announcing my official failure at NaNoWriMo in advance of the end of the month. Thanks to everyone who does have the commitment to its ideals to win, or NaNoWriMo wouldn't exist and it is a very fun idea which I know other people find genuinely creatively inspiring and useful.

That's it...